Family Liaison Officer
The Alsager Multi Academy Trust (AMAT) have a Family Liaison Officer, Mrs Leopold, who is appointed to support our families and children across the AMAT. Mrs Leopold currently spends two afternoons working at Highfields.
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant (ELSA) interventions
- Transition support for identified children in year 6 during summer term
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home with signposting to local parenting courses
Advice and support are confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. We may not have all the answers, but hopefully we can help you to work out how to find them!
How to get in touch: