Family Liaison Officer
Hello all, My name is Mrs Sara Leopold and I have recently had the privilege to join Alsager Multi Academy Trust and working at Alsager Highfields Community Primary school in a new role as a Family Liaison Officer. My role is to work with and support children and families at Alsager Highfields and Alsager High School and I am very excited by the idea. I will support you and your children during this very testing period of lockdown and home learning. Highfields acknowledges the pressure home schooling puts on parents and with my role I will be the link between families and school. I am also here to provide wider pastoral support for children and emotional and practical advice to parents should they need to offload or need guidance.
So who am I? Firstly, I am a mum of two high school aged children and two dogs. For the last four years I have been based working at Reaseheath College within the Health and Wellbeing Team where I was a Wellbeing Adviser. There I supported students and staff with any issues presented as being a barrier to their learning or mental health. I was also the Designated Lead for children in care. Throughout the years I have had various jobs and volunteer roles, which have involved working with families in local communities to offer support and guidance and this is where my passion lies. I am very much looking forward to meeting and working with many of you over the weeks and months ahead.
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. We may not have all the answers, but hopefully we can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
• promoting good attendance and punctuality
• promoting self-esteem and confidence
• promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
Support for families includes:
• providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
• liaising with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
• assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
• attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
• advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home with signposting to local parenting courses
How to get in touch:
I am based across both Alsager Highfields and also Alsager high School. Please call the school office on 01270 882472 to make an appointment and I will be happy to help you as soon as I can.
We can also be contacted via email: